Two very small drawings on folded tracing paper, enlarged.
Archive for April, 2012
Two packages arrived, and inside them enough beauty and inspiration to last me a year:
• Sediment - by the mysterious C.F (a beautiful limited edition, plus I learned a new word).
• Powr Mastrs Vol. 3 - also by C.F.
• Acme Novelty #20 - by Chris Ware (this man just gets genius-er every time).
• Hot Potatoe: Fine Artworks: 2001-2008 - by Marc Bell (crazy good).
• Pure Pajamas - also by Marc Bell.
It was my 33rd birthday yesterday, and it was a good one. The passing year was pretty insane: life and death intertwined, yin and yang, existentialism at its best.
One of the presents I got was a link to ↓ this ↓ mix by James Murphy (thanks Yotam :)
01. JONATHAN RICHMAN i’m straight
02. SUICIDE cheree
03. THE FALL paintwork
04. THE RAPTURE house of jealous lovers
05. CAN i’m so green
06. LEONARD COHEN famous blue raincoat
07. DAVID BOWIE fame
08. A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS space age love song
09. JOHN CALE & LOU REED work
10. NYCC CHOIR stand on the word
11. LOOSE JOINTS is it all over my face
12. BIRTHDAY PARTY nick the stripper
13. THE BEATLES tomorrow never knows
14. KRAFTWERK computer world
15. ROBERTA FLACK the first time ever i saw your face